My home is only 6 years old, and so far I've had to do a complete roof replacement (Tamko 3 Tab, read reviews and you'll see why), and the tile in every room of the house (foyer, kitchen, and all 3 bathrooms) is delaminating and breaking apart. After several calls, I had someone from Kay out to look at them. He gave it about a 2 minute look and stated it was outside the 1-year warranty, but he'd talk to people back at the office. After he left, I didn't hear from him again. Nearly a year later, I raised the issue once again. I placed calls that again went unanswered, and went to the office to voice my frustration in person. Again, they stood fast on their joke of a 1 year warranty. If tile was failing in one section of the house, I would accept the repair cost. The fact that it is universally failing in every room of the house is indicative of poor design or installation. Lifting up the tiles (which took nothing more than a finger), I discovered that Luan was used as the underlayment...not cement board or a decoupling membrane as is required for tile.
And my personal favorite:
"This kitchen floor tile was improperly installed directly on luan plywood which is not stable, causing the tile to break and throw grout. This situation generally takes a year or two to show itself which is normally past most state mandated contractor warranties (1yr). If you are lucky to have a contractor who stands behind their work, they will repair it."
I had been re-grouting the initial failures, which unfortunately caused an even lengthier time for complete failure, making it even easier for Kay to wash their hands of it. My first home was hardwood and carpet, and I thought the occasional grout repair was simply the cost of ownership, but over time it began to snowball. But the simple fact remains...if they were a competent builder, they knew it was improper to install tile on luan, and they did it anyway, knowing the failure would happen down the line.
When confronted about the matter with factual evidence of negligence, they instead chose to stop responding all together. Abysmal customer service, and an absolute crime that they can have their company tagline of "5 Decades of Excellence".
A small sample size of pictures attached.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Quality of work
You May Also Like
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "Own a 2011 Cargo Mate Trailer/Forest River Trailer. Trailer is only 4 years old. Side door has already begun to rot thru! The first time I traveled in a rain..."
- "I had called Viridian about X5l gen2 the x5l gen 2 was not powering on at all so that asked me to mail it back going..."
- "I purchased a prom dress here for my daughter it was received earlier than expected and thank goodness for that. We had chosen to do custom measurements vs choosing..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."