Update added by user Dec 01
Kay responded to the BBB complaint with a myriad of lies trying to slander my good faith yet pressure induced bargaining to get them to abide by their own advertised content.
About everything they stayed was either skewed or out right falsified.
They would have been better off taking the high road by simply sating we tried but failed to negotiate agreeable terms.It would still be a false presentation but better than out right lying and trying to paint me as a not financially capable of following through even though I have pre approval via their mortgage broker for well above the price line
Original review posted by user Nov 23
Kay builders breeches verbal agreements and false advertised.
Kay offered 15k in free options from the get go with no mention of contingencies or conditions. After going through the pick options process and some wheeling and dealing there were the options, lot chosen etc.. I talked to "THEIR" mortgage broker, he suggested going VA and asking for seller assist closing costs. That's when everything fell apart. 1st they said closing costs were on a case by case. When I paused they offered 2k. When I pointed out their website said Kay pays most closing costs for VA it got ugly. Suddenly I was being told I never mentioned I had a realtor (false), I never mentioned I was using VA and it was one or the other: closing costs or free options. Interesting since one was 15k and the other10k. They absolutely refused to acknowledge the free options and closing costs per their sales manage and their website were not intertwined. After a lot of ugly messing with the numbers to try and confuse me I backed off. A week later I made another offer. Linda didn't even acknowledge it and when she did after reaching out again she conveniently left out part of the offer. She did the same when my realtor tried to get it resolved (ignore then leave out pieces of the offer). I wrote the president and got the same treatment- Ignorance.
There is currently a complaint with the BB and the VA Construction
& Valuation Department citing breech of verbal contract and false advertising.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Affordable options
What I disliked
- Does not bargain in good faith
- False advertising
- Changed website to hise false advertising
- Ignores offers tendered
- President as bad as sales managers
- Reason of review:
- Other issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades. After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "I was also scammed your story sounds a little familiar with mine. I wanted to buy a puppy for my kids so I went online found a man selling miniture..."
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "Just can't believe you had such a bad experience. We almost didn't make the purchase because of your review but decided to and it was terrific. Absolutely perfect..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "I bought a box of Suzy Qs and opened the package and got a weird chemical smell. I could barely choke down one ***, I threw the rest out and..."
- "Bought through Costco, $1400 on 9/25/14..... always some issue, rebooting all the time... Well, last Saturday 12/3/16, the NVR was making a grinding noise. I removed the cover and turned..."