Update added by user Dec 23, 2016
This will never be a resolved issue
KAY is the same when trying toi resolve an issues as they were with BBB
Nothing but lies and fabrications and stands by them thinking they can get away with it
The BBB complaint will never be resolved and neither will this
Update added by user Dec 01, 2016
Kay responded to the BBB complaint with a myriad of lies trying to slander my good faith yet pressure induced bargaining to get them to abide by their own advertised content.
About everything they stayed was either skewed or out right falsified.
They would have been better off taking the high road by simply sating we tried but failed to negotiate agreeable terms.It would still be a false presentation but better than out right lying and trying to paint me as a not financially capable of following through even though I have pre approval via their mortgage broker for well above the price line
Original review posted by user Nov 23, 2016
Kay builders breeches verbal agreements and false advertised.
Kay offered 15k in free options from the get go with no mention of contingencies or conditions. After going through the pick options process and some wheeling and dealing there were the options, lot chosen etc.. I talked to "THEIR" mortgage broker, he suggested going VA and asking for seller assist closing costs. That's when everything fell apart. 1st they said closing costs were on a case by case. When I paused they offered 2k. When I pointed out their website said Kay pays most closing costs for VA it got ugly. Suddenly I was being told I never mentioned I had a realtor (false), I never mentioned I was using VA and it was one or the other: closing costs or free options. Interesting since one was 15k and the other10k. They absolutely refused to acknowledge the free options and closing costs per their sales manage and their website were not intertwined. After a lot of ugly messing with the numbers to try and confuse me I backed off. A week later I made another offer. Linda didn't even acknowledge it and when she did after reaching out again she conveniently left out part of the offer. She did the same when my realtor tried to get it resolved (ignore then leave out pieces of the offer). I wrote the president and got the same treatment- Ignorance.
There is currently a complaint with the BB and the VA Construction
& Valuation Department citing breech of verbal contract and false advertising.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Affordable options
What I disliked
- Does not bargain in good faith
- False advertising
- Changed website to hise false advertising
- Ignores offers tendered
- President as bad as sales managers
- Reason of review:
- Other issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "I had called Viridian about X5l gen2 the x5l gen 2 was not powering on at all so that asked me to mail it back going..."
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "Well what can I say this house is a money pit. First off I was told that house may have high radon but not that bad. Chernobyl plant didn't rate..."